The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR). As an individual you hold more rights regarding organisations holding your personal data. This notice offer’s you the information of how K. Greaves Therapy process and hold your data.
Information we collect
· You may provide information about yourself over the telephone or email. The information provided may include but not limited to your name, address, phone number, email.
· This information will be held on file whilst you undertake therapy and the 3 subsequent years from ending, unless therapy is not initiated then we destroy these records.
Disclosure of information/ Confidentiality
· Personal information will not be shared with anyone, unless in an emergency. Your counsellor may contact your GP or next of kin but ONLY with your knowledge and consent.
· The only time we MUST share your personal details is if a disclosure or money laundering, terrorism or harm to others.
· The only other person involved in you case would be your Counsellors supervisor. Only your first name will be known to them unless you state to be anonymised further. The supervisors we use are bound to the same ethical principles, data protection and confidentiality clauses outlined here.
· All your information is held onsite securely and confidentially in a safe filling system (in a locked cabinet).
· If a telephone message is left, the answer machine is set to record in silence and does not play out loud.
· We do NOT use encrypted emails. We do however, follow BACP confidentiality policies when sending emails.
Right to Access
· You have the right to ask for a copy of your information, free of charge, in paper format.
· You have the right to ask us to amend or change any incorrect information about you.
Right to be forgotten
· You have the right for ALL your information we hold to be withdrawn at any time. In all cases and when considering such requests, these rights are obligatory unless it is information that we have a legal right to obtain.
· If you think there may be a problem with the way we are handling your data you may either:
o Raise this with K. Greaves Therapy by contacting us via post or email or by contacting the Information Commissioners Office.
Telephone: 0303 123 1113